When: Tuesday, May 5, 2020
Time: 11:00 am – 12:00 pm CST
Where: Twitter – Anywhere!
Hashtags: #NorthsideStimulus, #GiveAtHomeNorthside, #GiveAtHomeMN, #GivingTuesdayNow
The COVID-19 crisis has impacted the entire world, but none harder than low-income families of color. NAZ and Urban Homeworks are partnering to increase the visibility of families in North Minneapolis to encourage giving to our network of partners. We ask that you join us on Tuesday, May, 5th for a Twitterstorm to elevate the needs of North Minneapolis residents and the organizations that partner with them.
Twitterstorm: A Twitterstorm is an hour of focused tweets using a unifying hashtag to elevate a particular issue.
The goal of the Twitterstorm is to encourage potential donors to turn their attention North and donate to organizations doing front-line work with children and families. We’ll be asking potential supporters to use all or a portion of their Economic Impact Payment and to leverage #GivingTuesdayNow to bring more attention to North Minneapolis.
We hope to accomplish this by:
- Using the primary hashtag #NorthsideStimulus
- Using the secondary hashtags #GiveAtHomeNorthside, #GiveAtHomeMN, #GivingTuesdayNow
- Sharing, following and posting the tweets below
- Sharing your organization’s story of why North Minneapolis needs the attention of all Minnesotans
- Encourage your leadership and influencers in your circle to participate in this Twitterstorm
- Get a stimulus check? If you’re able to, we encourage you to donate all or a portion to Urban Homeworks or other Northside nonprofits. #NorthsideStimulus #giveathomenorthside Give today: givemn.org/organization/Urban-Homeworks
- We are part of a network of schools & non-profits through NAZ. Spread the word to help raise support for Northside non-profits like us. #NorthsideStimulus #giveathomenorthside
- Today we come together with other Northside non-profits for #NorthsideStimulus to encourage our supporters to consider donating all or a portion of their stimulus check to impact our community and put stimulus dollars where they are needed most.
- Join #NorthsideStimulus by donating a portion of what you have or will receive in your stimulus check today while you #giveathomenorthside #GivingTuesdayNow #GiveAtHomeMN
- #GiveAtHomeMN & #givingtuesdaynow are underway and we encourage you to #giveathomenorthside Donate today: givemn.org/organization/Urban-Homeworks #NorthsideStimulus
- The economic impacts of COVID19 are challenging for most of us, and potentially detrimental to this community. Support the #NorthsideStimulus as you #giveathomenorthside today! #GiveAtHomeMN #GivingTuesdayNow
- Did you know that we are part of a network of Northside non-profits who are part of the NAZ ecosystem? Join #NorthsideStimulus by supporting us or one of these essential organizations.
- We know Northside is a resilient and strong community and we are grateful to be part of it! Through these ever-changing times, we need your support more than ever #NorthsideStimulus
- Use your Economic Impact Payment to start a #NorthsideStimulus. #NorthMinneapolis families shouldn’t be left further behind. #GiveAtHomeNorthside #GiveAtHomeMN #GivingTuesdayNow
- The gaps are widening for #NorthMinneapolis families. Bring about a #NorthsideStimulus by donating part of your Economic Impact Payment. #GiveAtHomeMN #GivingTuesdayNow
- North Minneapolis is a thriving, diverse community! Use all or part of your Economic Impact Payment to keep it that way in the face of this crisis. Start a #NorthsideStimulus and partner with #NorthMinneapolis families this #GivingTuesdayNow
- This #GivingTuesdayNow it has never been more clear that we are all connected. Your neighbors need you. Support Urban Homeworks and the #NorthsideStimulus by contributing all or part of your Economic Impact Payment.
- Share your abundance! If you have funds from the Economic Impact Payment that your family doesn’t need, use them to contribute to a #NorthsideStimulus. Lift up your neighbors in N. Minneapolis. #GivingTuesdayNow