Ways to Give

a family sits on the steps in front of their home smiling

Donate by Phone

Learn More

If you would like to make a donation over the phone with a credit card or checking account, please contact Moussa Maiga, Donor Relations Manager, at 612-7-1626.

Online Donation Options

Learn More

Donations to Urban Homeworks can be made online via our website, PayPal, or Venmo. 

To donate on Venmo, search “Urban Homeworks” under the “Charities” tab.  

Click here to donate to UHW on PayPal.

the UHW office at 927 W Broadway

Mail a Check

Learn More

You can donate by mailing a check to the Urban Homeworks office! Please be sure to include your name, address, and any additional information about your gift with the check. Our mailing address is:

ATTN: Moussa Maiga
Urban Homeworks
927 W Broadway Ave, Suite 301
Minneapolis, MN 55411

a group of volunteers smile near the side of a garaga

Make a Stock Gift

Learn More

Donating stock allows you to avoid capital gains taxes. You can donate your shares to Urban Homeworks and neither you nor Urban Homeworks will pay taxes on that money. You can also deduct the full fair market value at the time of the gift from your taxable income if you are itemizing your deductions, lowering your total taxable income.

Gifts of stocks/bonds are typically transferred without information that identifies the donor. Please contact Paul Vliem, Development Director, at PaulV@urbanhomeworks.org when making a gift so we can give proper gratitude.

  • Brokerage Firm: Charles Schwab
  • Account Number: 6415-9968
  • Account Name: Urban Homeworks, Inc
  • Tax ID Number: 41-1821520
The Urban Homeworks building sign on the skyline

Workplace Giving

Learn More

Many companies have different opportunities for their employees to make donations to organizations they care about through a workplace giving program. These programs are set up in varying ways; some during specific times of the year, while others are open year-round. If your company has a workplace giving program, consider giving to Urban Homeworks.

For questions or additional information, please contact Moussa Maiga, Donor Relations Manager, at MoussaM@urbanhomeworks.org.

two volunteers look down at the camera from the top of a ladder smiling

Give Cryptocurrency

Learn More

Giving cryptocurrency is incredibly easy—support Urban Homeworks’ mission of housing justice in just a couple of clicks!

Visit Crypto for Charity to give any number of coin options (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Tether, and others) to Urban Homeworks!

For questions, contact Paul Vliem, Development Director, at PaulV@Urbanhomeworks.org.

three people go over blueprints

Retirement Account Beneficiary

Learn More

Typically, retirement assets left to individuals in an estate leave those individuals with a tax burden when the funds are received. Retirement assets where a nonprofit, like Urban Homeworks, is named as a beneficiary pass to the organization at full value, avoiding income taxes. When reviewing estate plans with your attorney and financial advisor, consider leaving your IRA, 401k, or other retirement asset(s) to Urban Homeworks.

For questions, contact Paul Vliem, Development Director, at PaulV@Urbanhomeworks.org.

two homes under construction from above

Will & Estate Gifts

Learn More

Many Urban Homeworks supporters choose to leave a donation in their wills and trusts as an important way to have long-term impact, without any upfront cost during their lifetimes. Making a will is one of the most impactful ways to extend your love and generosity to the causes and people you care about most. Legacy giving isn’t only for the wealthy—gifts of any size are deeply appreciated. Together, we can continue making an impact for years to come.

If you are interested in including Urban Homeworks and our mission in your legacy giving, please contact Paul Vliem, Development Director, at PaulV@urbanhomeworks.org

an UHW Home from the side

Give From Your IRA

Learn More

You are required to begin drawing from your traditional IRA at age 72; those distributions taxed at ordinary income tax rates. Your annual income is then boosted, potentially bumping you into a higher tax bracket. The Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) rule allows you to donate those distributions to Urban Homeworks and deduct the donation from your total taxable income. To make a QCD, contact your IRA custodian and let them know that you’d like to donate some or all your IRA distributions to Urban Homeworks and they will cut the check from your account! 

For questions or additional information, please contact Paul Vliem, Development Director, at PaulV@urbanhomeworks.org.

two volunteers look down at the camera from the top of a ladder smiling

Donor Advised Fund (DAF) Giving

Learn More

You can recommend a grant to Urban Homeworks from your Donor Advised Fund (DAF), as well as the grant amount. Contact your financial institution or foundation, or call your philanthropic advisor or fund manager and let them know you would like to make a gift. The grant will arrive at Urban Homeworks with only the institution’s name and address on it. Please request for your name and address to be included with your grant.

When you make a Donor Advised Fund gift, it’s possible that the sponsoring organization will not share your information with us. Please fill out the form linked HERE when you’ve made a gift so we can thank you and ensure your gift gets to where it is intended.

For questions, contact Paul Vliem, Development Director, at PaulV@Urbanhomeworks.org.

an UHW reno home from the front

Donate Real Estate

Learn More

Are you considering selling a home, vacation property, or rental property? Consider giving it to Urban Homeworks! All donated properties are eligible for an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the home. As a 501c3, Urban Homeworks is not required to pay capital gains taxes, which means we can leverage the full value of your gift to put more people in dignified, affordable homes!

Interested in learning more about this process? Contact Paul Vliem, Development Director, at PaulV@UrbanHomeworks.org.

Thank you for supporting our mission and vision.

If you need help making a donation to Urban Homeworks, please reach out to Development Director Paul Vliem at 612-758-0024 or PaulV@urbanhomeworks.org.

*All donors agree to abide by Urban Homeworks’ Donor Code of Conduct.
To see all of our donor policies and procedures, please click here.