Urban Homeworks is seeking an upbeat, dynamic, highly organized, detail oriented, eloquent and persuasive individual for grant writing and project management at an exceptionally busy, growing community development organization.
- Responsible for supporting the Development Department in the research, preparation and submission of all proposals and grant applications.
- Maintain an organized system for tracking ongoing and upcoming grant projects and prospects.
- Collaborate with program staff to develop project budgets and identify specific objectives and workplans for potential grant-funded projects.
- Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and in submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded programs/projects.
- Conduct prospect research for all grants and preparing written profiles of funders.
- Manage grants budget, calendar, and strategy in partnership with Development Director.
- Write clear, persuasive, concise grant proposals and meet deadlines for a robust grant schedule.
- Assemble grant requests, including letters, proposals, budgets and presentations
- Establish and maintain current information, contact and relationships with foundation representatives and program officers
- Maintain grant calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposal deadlines and reports (other reporting and management documents as required)
- Work with Development Director to conduct prospect research – and prepare prospect reports
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage supplemental material required for proposals
- Work with programs and Development Department to provide current program data, statistics and local statistics for grant content
- Research data for populations served including needs, trends and other resources in the area
- Maintain and provide timely reporting data for all grants (progress reports, year-end, financial reporting, data collection from programs and special reports as required)
- Proofread funding documents
- Work with Development Director and team to conduct all the duties for grants submissions and maintenance
- Committed resolve for the Urban Homeworks mission and values for the communities in which Urban Homeworks is implementing its community development strategies
- Ability to articulate and support the mission of Urban Homeworks and its programs
- BA/BS in Non-profit, Communication, related field OR 3-5 years of relevant grant writing experience
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Raiser’s Edge, and Excel
- Ability to meet multiple, concurrent deadlines under pressure
- Ability to accept and mange fluctuating priorities with a positive and energetic attitude
- Willing to work some flexible hours, including some weekends and evenings
- Ability to effectively present Urban Homeworks’ program information and respond to questions from funders and potential donors
- Enjoy working in a service-oriented, collaborative team environment
Click HERE to apply!